ONSITE: Introduction to Clay
Explore the basics of clay. We’ll cover the proper use of studio tools, equipment and materials. You’ll learn about slab construction, coil building and combined techniques. We’ll also demonstrate wheel throwing and discuss how various clays and glazes respond to each other.
- All materials and equipment provided. Open to anyone interested in learning/relearning the basics of clay. Returning students welcome.
- You will receive 25 pounds of clay; additional clay is available for purchase.
- This class does not meet on 11/1.
- Classes are confirmed one week prior to the start date. In order to help us confirm classes, please register as early as possible.
- Students must follow social distancing protocols and wear masks at all times. For more info visit visarts.org. This is an On-site course. On-site courses do not come with studio access outside of class time. Paid open studio access is available through our Studio Access Program: if interested please visit visarts.org.
About the Instructor
Dan Kaczka is a graduate of Penn State University with a degree in art education. As a professionally licensed art teacher, Dan has an interdisciplinary knowledge of contemporary teaching practices and a broad understanding of various art media including over two decades of experience creating ceramic artworks. Dan believes that art is something everyone can enjoy and that everyone can make art.
Instagram: @djk_ceramicsSee More Classes By Instructor