COVID-19 Safety Policies
Visual Arts Center of Richmond
COVID-19 Safety policies
To keep everyone in our community safe, we require that all Visual Arts Center of Richmond staff, teachers, students and visitors follow the protocols listed below.
Practice safe behavior
- Always wear a mask that properly covers your nose and mouth
- Always maintain a safe social distance of at least six feet from others and avoid physical contact
- Wash your hands before, during and after class using soap. Wash for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. VisArts has hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the building for your safety
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Use provided disinfectant to clean your own personal work area before leaving the building
- Adhere to all posted signage
Do not enter VisArts’ building if in the past 24 hours, you have:
- Been in close contact with someone who has suspected to have COVID-19 or has shown symptoms of COVID-19
- Been to an event with more than 50 people in attendance
Do not enter VisArts’ building if in the past 14 days, you have:
- Felt ill or experienced any of the COVID-19 symptoms listed on the CDC’s website
- Travelled out of state
- Travelled in-state with members outside of your household
- Been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
You may return to VisArts after you have quarantined for 14 days following the exposure or symptoms, or after receiving a negative COVID-19 test result. If you have travelled, your test must occur at least 5 days after you return home to ensure test accuracy.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19:
- You can return to VisArts 10 days after you receive a negative COVID-19 test result and you are no longer exhibiting symptoms, or once you have received two negatives tests at least 24 hours apart
- If you continue to show symptoms, you may need longer than 10 days before returning to public and community spaces. Consult your healthcare provider
If we see that you are experiencing symptoms, you will be asked to leave in order to protect the health and safety of your fellow classmates, teachers and our staff.
If you do not follow these protocols, you will also be asked to leave the facility and may not be allowed back for future classes or programs. You may also not be eligible for refunds for fees already paid.
COVID-19 Refund Policies
If a class must be cancelled due to teacher illness, quarantine or isolation, VisArts will offer pro-rated refunds to enrolled students for the cancelled class(es). If a student is forced to miss a class session or leave a class early due to their own quarantine or isolation per our COVID-19 Safety Policies, they will not be eligible for a refund for classes missed. However, if we receive notice 7 days or more in advance that they will need to drop a class in its entirety due to quarantine or isolation, they will be eligible for a full refund.
Ways VisArts is working to keep you safe in our space
Routine Cleaning Procedures
- Common areas are disinfected daily and cleaned regularly each week
- Classrooms are disinfected daily
- Hand sanitizer stations can be found throughout our building
- Posted signage around the facility will provide social distancing guidelines in studios and common spaces
- On–site class sizes have been reduced to best accommodate a safe social distance in each studio; class capacity varies from studio to studio
- Exhibitions in our True F. Luck Gallery will be available to view by appointment only
Visitor + Staff Limits
- Anyone coming into the Visual Arts Center of Richmond must enter through the front door and be let in by the staff at our front desk
- Only those attending classes or programs, visiting the gallery with an appointment, making purchases or picking up materials will be allowed within the facility
- VisArts’ full-time staff will be onsite on a rotating basis to minimize risk
Ways to Engage with VisArts from Home
In addition to limited on–site classes and programs, there are many ways to engage with VisArts at home. Check out our online classes, our online shop filled with art by local artists, as well as Take + Make Kits. We are also adapting our special events to include options for engaging and attending online. Follow us online to stay tuned for updates!