COVID-19 Safety Policies
Visual Arts Center of Richmond
COVID-19 Safety policies
VisArts is committed to the health and safety of our community. As an organization that serves youth and high-risk individuals, we will continue to require masks in our facilities regardless of vaccination status until further guidance regarding schools and camps is available from state authorities. The VisArts staff is fully vaccinated but will continue to wear our masks inside until the vaccine is available to all of our students. To keep everyone in our community safe, we require that all Visual Arts Center of Richmond staff, teachers, students and visitors follow the protocols listed below. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
To keep everyone in our community safe, we require that all Visual Arts Center of Richmond staff, teachers, students and visitors follow the protocols listed below.
- Always wear a mask that properly covers your nose and mouth.
- Always maintain a safe social distance of at least six feet from others and avoid physical contact.
- Wash your hands before, during and after class using soap; wash for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer. VisArts has hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the building for your safety
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Use provided disinfectant to clean your own personal work area before leaving the building.
- Adhere to all posted signage.
If we see that you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you will be asked to leave in order to protect the health and safety of your fellow classmates, teachers and our staff. See our safety protocols below for how and when to return safely to VisArts.
If you do not follow these protocols, you will be asked to leave the facility and may not be allowed back for future classes or programs. In this case, you may not be eligible for refunds for fees already paid.
For individuals that have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19:
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 do not come to VisArts. You may return to VisArts after you have received a negative test and are no longer experiencing symptoms.
For individuals that have not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19:
Do not enter VisArts’ building if, in the past 14 days, you have:
- Felt ill or experienced any of the COVID-19 symptoms listed on the CDC’s website
- Been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- You may return to VisArts after 14 days following the exposure or after 7 days with a negative PCR or antigen test performed on or after day 5.
For anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
If you had COVID-19 symptoms and were directed to care for yourself at home, you can return to VisArts after 3 things have happened:
- It has been 10 days have passed since your positive test
- It has been 24 hours since your last fever without fever medication
- Your other symptoms have improved
If you tested positive for COVID-19, never had any symptoms, and were directed to care for yourself at home, you can return to VisArts if:
- At least 10 days have passed since the date of your first positive test
- You continue to have no symptoms since your first positive test
If you must quarantine or isolate due to COVID-19 and are enrolled in a class, we are happy to support you. You can view our registration policies, including COVID-19 refund policies here. Please contact our front desk with any questions about these policies or to receive assistance for your specific situation: 804-353-0094 or [email protected].
Further guidance and information are available at the Virginia Department of Health and CDC websites:
Ways VisArts is working to keep you safe in our space:
- Posted signage around the facility will provide social distancing guidelines in studios and common spaces
- On-site class sizes have been reduced to best accommodate a safe social distance in each studio; class capacity varies from studio to studio
- Exhibitions in our True F. Luck Gallery are available without an appointment, but there is a capacity limit and guest book to sign for contact tracing purposes.
Staff + Teacher Vaccination
- All VisArts employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
- All teachers working with youth and community programs are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Starting January 1, 2022, all VisArts teachers who teach onsite classes will be required to be fully vaccinated.
Visitor + Staff Limits
- Anyone coming into the Visual Arts Center of Richmond must enter through the front door and be let in by the staff at our front desk
- Staff are on a flex schedule allowing for a reduced capacity within our offices.
- Only those attending classes or programs, visiting the gallery, making purchases or picking up materials will be allowed within the facility
Routine Cleaning Procedures
- Common areas are disinfected daily and cleaned regularly each week
- Hand sanitizer stations can be found throughout our building
Ways to Engage with VisArts from Home
In addition to limited on–site classes and programs, there are many ways to engage with VisArts at home. Check out our online classes, our online shop filled with art by local artists, as well as At-Home Art Packs and Take + Make Kits. We are also adapting our special events to include options for engaging and attending online. Follow us online to stay tuned for updates!