Art League for Teens
At the Visual Arts Center of Richmond, high-school aged students can expand their artistic practice, grow their personal portfolios and prepare for possibly attending art school.
Take an Art League class and get the chance to work in professional art studios, alongside working artists.
- An in-depth knowledge of several art media
- One-on-one coaching intended to help you discover your own personal style
- A community of other youth interested in art
We also offer a certificate program. To earn an Art League certificate, students must take the following classes within four years:
- Two core Art League courses (drawing and/or painting)
- Two special topics workshops (any other class offered)
Core courses cover the foundations of drawing/painting. Special topics workshops are intended to introduce students to other materials and processes.
All students who complete the Art League course sequence walk away with a certificate. VisArts staff and Art League instructors can provide letters of reference.
Art League is open to students ages 15 to 18 years old. The schedule is released alongside adult course offerings.
Questions about Art League? Contact our education manager.