VisArts’ Second Fridays are just like the First Friday Art Samplers that you know and love, but on the second Friday of each month. Now you don’t have to miss your favorite gallery openings!
First-come, first-served signs-ups for Second Fridays start at 5 p.m. in VisArts’ lobby. Watch an artist demonstration between 5 and 6 p.m., then head to your class at 6 p.m. or come back for the second session, which starts at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, November 9 is a special Craft + Design Takeover! All teaching artists will be exhibiting their work at our 54th Annual Craft + Design Show at Main Street Station (November 16-18). Learn more about Craft + Design.
- Raku: Japanese Pottery Glazing with Philip Mills + Paul Klassett 6-9pm
- Stamped Metal Tags with Susan Adams: Session 1 (6-7:15) & Session 2 (7:30-8:45)
- Flameworked Glass Pendants with Kristi Totoritis: Session 1 (6-7:15) & Session 2 (7:30-8:45)
- Book Making with Alyssa Salomon: Session 1 (6-7:15) & Session 2 (7:30-8:45)
- Sculpted Clay Jewelry with Claire McCarty: Session 1 (6-7:15) & Session 2 (7:30-8:45)
In addition to our $15 classes, we’ll have:
- A cash bar
- Gallery Tours starting at 5:15 p.m. on the 15 and 45 of every hour until 7:15 p.m.
- 1708 Gallery will be in the lobby hosting free drop-in lantern-making for InLight. 1708 will also have one free teacher-led, lantern-making workshop!