VisArts’ Second Fridays are just like the First Friday Art Samplers that you know and love, but on the second Friday of each month. Now you don’t have to miss your favorite gallery openings!
First-come, first-served signs-ups for Second Fridays start at 5 p.m. in VisArts’ lobby. Watch an artist demonstration between 5 and 6 p.m., then head to your class at 6 p.m. or come back for the second session, which starts at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, May 10
First-come, first-served sign-ups begin at 5 p.m. Registration is open until the second session starts at 7:30 p.m. Grab a drink and explore our latest exhibition, “The Color of No,” featuring over 40 tapestries created by artist Susan Iverson.
- Wheel Throwing with Philip Mills: Session 1 (6-7:15 p.m.)
- Wheel Throwing with Christine Orr: Session 2 (7:30-8:45 p.m.)
- Carve Your Own Stamp with Lauren Miner: Session 1 (6-7:15 p.m.) & Session 2 (7:30-8:45 p.m.)
- Needle Felt a Small Wool Animal with Emily Cook-Asaro: Session 1 (6-7:15 p.m.) & Session 2 (7:30-8:45 p.m.)
- Paper Flowers with Amelia Blair Langford: Session 1 (6-7:15 p.m.) & Session 2 (7:30-8:45 p.m.)
In addition to our $15 classes, we’ll have:
- A cash bar
- Gallery tours
- A free art bar with a self-guided activity