Community Pottery Firing
VisArts is happy to offer glaze and bisque firings to our community. If you are enrolled in a clay class with us, firing is included with the cost of your class. For anyone else, you can pay by-the-pound to have your work fired.
Price + How it works
$2 per pound fee covers a bisque fire and one glaze firing. If you want to glaze fire work that you have bisque fired already somewhere else, this is also $2 per pound.
To fire your work with us:
- Bring your work to VisArts Monday through Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Weigh your work on a scale at our front desk and fill out a firing slip.
- Pay for your firing with our front desk; please bring a credit card with you.
- Our clay studio staff will take your work from here and fire your work.
- When your work is fired and ready for pick-up, you’ll receive an email from us!
There are a couple options for glazing work:
- You can join our Studio Access program and pay for hourly or monthly access to our space in order to glaze your work. Learn more about Studio Access here.
- Or you may purchase commercial cone 5-6 glazes and glaze at home, then bring your pieces to VisArts. If you glaze at home, it is very important that you make sure that you are using cone 6 glazes not cone 06. A cone 06 glaze will melt onto our shelves and potentially ruin them. If this happens, you may charged for a new kiln shelf.
Online resources for purchasing glazes: