Introduction to Clay – NEW!
Learn the fundamentals of clay in this hands-on online course. We will be learning how to coil, pinch, and slab build while also discussing techniques about wheel throwing. Students will explore form and texture, while also learning the fundamentals of clay and pottery.
- Please have a sturdy table to work on, and a place to hold your ceramic pieces. This class comes with a full bag of clay which can be picked up at our back entrance. Pick up days are Mondays 10am-12:30pm, and Wednesdays + Fridays from 2pm-4:30pm. This class includes bisque firing for objects made during class, and a glaze day that students may sign up for at a later date. Glaze days will be Mon 9/14: 10-12, Tues 9/15: 10-12, Wed 9/16: 10-12, Fri 9/18 3-5, Sat: 10-12, 1-3, 3-5. Two hours added for in-person glazing at VisArts.
- • This is an online class. In order to attend online classes, students must be able to attend the class via Zoom, an online cloud conferencing program. You do not need to download the program to join for classes.
- • You will be sent a link and password to your class one week before the class begins and the day before class begins. Please DO NOT share the link or password with anyone. Please keep the link somewhere you can easily access it throughout the entirety of your class.
- • All online classes are recorded for quality purposes. If you miss a class, you may request a class recording from [email protected] Class recordings will be made available up to fourteen days after the session concludes.
- • Neither the instructor, students nor VisArts are permitted to monetize online class recordings in any way. Please do not share class recordings on social media or other websites.
- • VisArts will do its best to support all students with problem-solving technology, but is not responsible for a student’s malfunctioning equipment or internet.
- • For technical support, questions or concerns and logging into zoom, please contact: [email protected]
Download material list
About the Instructor
Christine received her BFA from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University in 2015. She is currently living and working as a studio artist in Richmond, VA. She recently completed a Post-Baccalaureate year at Virginia Commonwealth University. In her free time she loves to sew and knit...always working with her hands!See More Classes By Instructor