Volunteer at ArtVenture
Every summer, we need volunteers to make our ArtVenture Summer Camp happen! Volunteers assist in the classroom alongside our teachers, help with check-in and check-out, print t-shirts and help us monitor breaks and lunch. We have volunteer opportunities for adults as well as for students ages 14-17 through our ArtVenture Youth Ambassador Program.
ArtVenture Youth Ambassador Program
Our ArtVenture Youth Ambassador program is open to students ages 14 to 17 who have an interest in the visual arts, developing their leadership skills, working with children, and gaining experience in arts education. Ambassadors volunteer under the supervision of ArtVenture instructors, VisArts education department staff and VisArts administrative staff.
Ambassadors assist with week-long studio art day camps for children between the ages of 5 and 14. Duties include assisting art teachers and engaging children during ArtVenture classes, aiding with camp set-up and clean-up, supervising children during break-time, lunch, and extended day, helping instructors prepare projects, and daily cleaning after camp. Service-learning hours are granted for hours worked, and credit is earned towards VisArts’ classes.
- High school students ages 14 to 17
- Motivated, responsible, mature, and flexible with a positive attitude
- Past experience working with children is a plus
- Being an ArtVenture or Art After School alumni is a plus
What You’ll Gain
- Experience working side-by-side with some of the best arts educators in Richmond
- Experience working at one of the most inspiring and creative places in Richmond
- Hands-on teaching experiences
- Opportunities to lead special activities in projects such as: Break activities, hanging weekly art exhibitions, t-shirt printing and more
- Credit toward VisArts classes: $10 for every 4 hours logged
- Certificate of completion signed by VisArts staff
- Minimum of ONE week (Monday through Friday): 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; 12-4:30 p.m. or both sessions. We also have 4-5:30 time slots available each week to support our Extended Day program.
- You are welcome to sign up for multiple weeks
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Once you apply, you will be contacted by email to set up a time for a short phone interview. If you are accepted, you will then be able to sign up for shifts. Please contact VisArts Education Manager, Tesni, with questions at [email protected].
We have filled all volunteer spots for Summer 2023. If you’d like to be placed on the waitlist or be considered for Summer 2024 please apply below:
ArtVenture interns learn about how we run the camp and is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in working with youth, working in the education field, or interested in art. For ArtVenture, we accept rising senior applicants as well as college students and adults. More information here: https://www.visarts.org/about-us/work-at-visarts/apply-for-an-internship/