Volunteer at ArtVenture
Every summer, we need volunteers to make our ArtVenture Summer Camp happen! Volunteers assist in the classroom alongside our teachers, help with check in and check out, print t-shirts and help us monitor breaks and lunch. We have volunteer opportunities for adults as well as for students ages 14-17 through our ArtVenture Youth Ambassador Program.
All volunteers will be expected to adhere to our COVID-19 policies.
- Minimum of ONE week: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; 12-4:30 p.m. or both sessions
- You are welcome to sign up for multiple weeks
- Review the volunteer expectations document and the medical status form. If selected to be a volunteer, you will fill out and sign these documents at orientation.
- Fill out the application below
- Once you apply, we’ll reach out within a few weeks to set up a time for a short phone interview. Once accepted, we’ll send out a link to sign up for the shifts you would like. Applications and sign ups are done on a rolling basis.
- If you volunteered in 2017, 2018, 2019, or applied and were interviewed in 2020, you do not need to reapply. You will be emailed and given the link to sign up again by mid February.
Please contact VisArts Education Manager, Tesni, with questions at [email protected]
ArtVenture Youth Ambassador Program
Our ArtVenture Youth Ambassador Ambassador program is open to students ages 14 to 17 who have an interest in the visual arts, developing their leadership skills, working with children and gaining experience in arts education. Ambassadors volunteer under the supervision of ArtVenture instructors, VisArts education department staff and VisArts administrative staff.
Ambassadors assist with week-long studio art day camps for children between the ages of 5 and 14. Duties include assisting art teachers and engaging children during ArtVenture classes, aiding with camp set-up and clean-up, supervising children during break-time, lunch, and extended day, helping instructors prepare projects, and daily cleaning after camp. Service-learning hours are granted for hours worked, and credit is earned towards VisArts’ classes.
- High school students ages 14 to 17
- Motivated, responsible, mature and flexible with a positive attitude
- Past experience working with children is a plus
- Being an ArtVenture or Art After School alumni is a plus
What You’ll Gain
- Experience working side-by-side with some of the best arts educators in Richmond
- Experience working at one of the most inspiring and creative places in Richmond
- Hands-on teaching experiences
- Opportunities to lead special activities in projects such as: Break activities, hanging weekly arts exhibitions, t-shirt printing and more
- Credit toward VisArts classes: $10 for every 4 hours logged
- Certificate of completion signed by VisArts staff
If you volunteered in 2017, 2018, 2019, or applied and interviewed in 2020, you do not need to reapply. You will be emailed and given the link to sign up again by mid February.