Volunteer at ArtVenture
OUR ARTVENTURE VOLUNTEER SLOTS ARE CURRENTLY FILLED FOR 2022. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY SO THAT YOU CAN BE PUT ON THE WAITLIST, OR CONTACTED FIRST FOR 2023, PLEASE STILL APPLY BELOW.
Every summer, we need volunteers to make our ArtVenture Summer Camp happen! Volunteers assist in the classroom alongside our teachers, help with check-in and check out, print t-shirts and help us monitor breaks and lunch. We have volunteer opportunities for adults as well as for students ages 14-17 through our ArtVenture Youth Ambassador Program.
ArtVenture Youth Ambassador Program
Our ArtVenture Youth Ambassador program is open to students ages 14 to 17 who have an interest in the visual arts, developing their leadership skills, working with children, and gaining experience in arts education. Ambassadors volunteer under the supervision of ArtVenture instructors, VisArts education department staff and VisArts administrative staff.
Ambassadors assist with week-long studio art day camps for children between the ages of 5 and 14. Duties include assisting art teachers and engaging children during ArtVenture classes, aiding with camp set-up and clean-up, supervising children during break-time, lunch, and extended day, helping instructors prepare projects, and daily cleaning after camp. Service-learning hours are granted for hours worked, and credit is earned towards VisArts’ classes.
- High school students ages 14 to 17
- Motivated, responsible, mature, and flexible with a positive attitude
- Past experience working with children is a plus
- Being an ArtVenture or Art After School alumni is a plus
What You’ll Gain
- Experience working side-by-side with some of the best arts educators in Richmond
- Experience working at one of the most inspiring and creative places in Richmond
- Hands-on teaching experiences
- Opportunities to lead special activities in projects such as: Break activities, hanging weekly art exhibitions, t-shirt printing and more
- Credit toward VisArts classes: $10 for every 4 hours logged
- Certificate of completion signed by VisArts staff
All volunteers will be expected to adhere to our COVID-19 policies. This summer, all ArtVenture volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to their volunteer shift.
- Minimum of ONE week (Monday through Friday): 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; 12-4:30 p.m. or both sessions. We also have 4-5:30 time slots available each week to support our Extended Day program.
- You are welcome to sign up for multiple weeks
- Review the volunteer expectations document. If selected to be a volunteer, you will fill out and sign these documents at orientation.
- Fill out the application below
- Once you apply, we’ll reach out within a few weeks to set up a time for a short phone interview. Once accepted, we’ll send out a link to sign up for the shifts you would like. Applications and sign-ups are done on a rolling basis.
Please contact VisArts Education Manager, Tesni, with questions at [email protected]