Apply for an Internship
Internships at the Visual Arts Center of Richmond show students what it’s like to work for a not-for-profit arts center. Interns must be at least 16 years old and are expected to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. Experiences are unpaid but can be completed for academic credit. All interns may take one art class at VisArts, free of charge.
A complete application includes a:
- Completed application form
- List of three references
- One letter of recommendation (ideally from a professor or previous employer)
- Unofficial copy of most relevant transcript (high school, undergraduate or graduate school)
- Link to a web-based portfolio if relevant, or a PDF of work samples
- Two writing samples if requested
In their applications, applicants should indicate the department in which they are most interested in working. Students with overlapping interests may select up to three departments.
- Clay Studio
- Marketing and Communications
- Special Events
VisArts hires interns for the spring, summer and fall semesters. For summer 2021 we’re currently hiring:
- Education Interns
The Visual Arts Center of Richmond is an approved work-study site for Virginia Commonwealth University students. Students apply through VCU. Most will be placed in the facilities or exhibitions departments. Our work study program is currently on hold due to COVID-19 safety considerations at local universities. If you have questions, please reach out to [email protected].