What to Wear + Bring
- Please wear close-toed shoes and clothing that you don’t mind getting messy.
- Please be aware that students often play outside during breaks or field trips, so they may need to dress appropriately or wear sunscreen.
- We encourage students to bring a snack and water bottle with them every day.
- If students are signed up for both morning and afternoon classes, they should plan on bringing a lunch. Please do not bring items needed to be heated or refrigerated.
- VisArts is a nut-free facility; please do not bring any snacks or lunches that contain nuts. This is for the safety of campers who have severe allergies.
- We always encourage creativity and playing with others. However, phones and devices are allowed onsite during breaks.
- VisArts provides all art–making supplies, but students may sometimes be asked to bring items from home or encouraged to bring their own materials.
When you register for class, you’ll have the option to purchase a special camp t-shirt for $10. Each summer, one of our talented teachers creates a special design that students can screen print themselves during lunch on Thursdays. Ten dollars pays for the shirt and ink, which we provide. Pay $5 and bring your own shirt to print!
We celebrate the work made by students each Friday with an art show from 11:45-12 p.m. for morning classes and from 3:45–4 p.m. for afternoon classes. We invite all parents, guardians and friends to celebrate with us!
Students are always accompanied or supervised by teachers, staff or volunteers. Occasionally, classes will go on walking trips for photography or other classes. You can agree to our field trip policy by logging into your account online.
Our marketing team takes photos and videos during ArtVenture to share on social media and use on promotional materials. We understand that not all parents are comfortable with their child being photographed. If you DO NOT want us to photograph or take videos of your child, you may opt out by updating your child’s profile in our registration system. If you have questions about our photography policy, please email [email protected].
Please log in to your account to update your emergency contact information and provide information about your students’ medical needs. Our staff will review this and reach out to you with any questions.
VisArts staff are trained in CPR and basic first aid as well as administering epipens. For epipens or other medications, please note in your student’s profile whether you prefer for these items to be kept with your child, or if you would like to store in a central location with VisArts staff.
Please reach out to our education manager if you have questions about any other needs your child may have.
Accessibility + Restrooms
VisArts has both multi-stall men‘s and women‘s restrooms as well as private all-gender bathrooms on each floor. VisArts does have an elevator and all but one of our studios are wheelchair accessible.