onsite Camp Safety + COVID Policies
The safety of our community is our number one priority. We’re excited to be able to safely offer camps on–site at VisArts this year. Everyone in our facility must adhere to our COVID-19 Safety Guidelines, which are listed on our website and follow current CDC and VDH recommendations.
We do the following to keep our ArtVenture campers safe:
- Camp staff are certified by the Red Cross to perform CPR, First Aid and administer epi-pens.
- All classrooms are equipped with first aid kits.
- Between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm, our exterior doors are locked and all visitors to the building can only enter after being permitted to do so by our front desk staff.
- Each week we put in place an emergency text alert system for all teachers and staff to ensure we can communicate quickly in the event of an emergency.
What to Wear + Bring to On-site Classes:
- Please wear close-toed shoes and clothing that you don’t mind getting messy
- We encourage students to bring a snack and water bottle with them every day
- If students are signed up for both morning and afternoon classes, they should plan on bringing lunch. Please do not bring items that need to be heated or refrigerated.
- VisArts is a nut-free facility. Please do not bring any snacks or lunches that contain nuts. This is for the safety of campers who have severe allergies.
- Students often play outside during breaks or field trips, so dress appropriately
- Students may need to bring or wear sunscreen
- We always encourage creativity and playing with others. However, phones and devices are only allowed on-site during breaks.
- VisArts provides all art–making supplies, but students may sometimes be asked to bring items from home or encouraged to bring their own materials
Camp T-Shirts + weekly exhibitions
This year, we‘re offering a special, ArtVenture 2023 t-shirt designed by one of our ArtVenture teachers! Students will be able to screenprint their own shirts during camp so bring your own shirt to print on free of charge, or purchase a blank shirt from us the day of. More information will be provided in the camp welcome email that goes out before each camp.
To celebrate what you create at ArtVenture, we’ll have on-site art shows during the last 15 minutes of class on Fridays. We welcome you to invite your friends and family to see all the inspiring artwork made during camp that week.
Students are always accompanied or supervised by teachers, staff or volunteers. Occasionally, classes will go on walking trips for photography or other classes. You can agree to our field trip policy by logging into your account in our registration system.
Our marketing team takes photos and videos during ArtVenture to share on social media and use on promotional materials. We understand that not all parents are comfortable with their children being photographed. If you DO NOT want us to photograph or take videos of your child, you may opt out by updating your child’s profile in our registration system. If you have questions about our photography policy, please email [email protected]
You can also log into our registration system if you would like to update your students’ name or pronouns. Pronouns will be visible on their instructors’ rosters. Students may be asked if they’d like to share their pronouns during class introductions and they may provide them if they choose to.
Please log in to your account to update your emergency contact information and provide information about your students’ medical needs. Our staff will review this and reach out to you with any questions.
VisArts staff are trained in CPR and basic first aid as well as administering EpiPens. For EpiPens or other medications, please note in your student’s profile whether you prefer for these items to be kept with your child, or if you would like to store them in a central location with VisArts staff.
Accessibility + Restrooms
VisArts has multi-stall restrooms for men and women as well as private, all-gender bathrooms on each floor. We have an elevator and all but one of our studios (Drawing North) are wheelchair accessible.
If you have questions about accessibility at Artventure, please reach out to our Education Manager, Tesni Stephen at [email protected]