Guest and Student Services Manager
This opportunity is being advertised as a multi-title posting with the possibility of both a Day and Night Manager. There could be more than one hire selected from this posting.
The guest and student services manager is the first face people see when they visit the Visual Arts Center of Richmond and is responsible for ensuring all guests and students receive impeccable customer service and support as they register for classes, purchase retail items and conduct other day-to-day business at the center. This position works closely with another Guest and Student Services Manager as well as other full-time staff to ensure that all administrative processes run smoothly and that they are communicating the most up-to-date information to the public. This position also manages a small team of direct reports who work part-time on evenings and weekends.
- Opens + closes building daily, following all open/close procedures
- Runs all operations at the front desk, which include but are not limited to:
- Answers a multi-line phone system. o Responds to e-mails that come to VisArts’ [email protected] e-mail address.
- Answers general inquiries: refers specific inquiries to other staff members as needed.
- Helps direct students to classes onsite.
- Registers students for classes over the phone and in-person.
- Completes transfers and drops and implements tactics to get students off of waitlists and into classes.
- Monitors studio access sign-in procedures. Accepts and tracks payments for paid studio access. Refers inquiries from new studio access members to studio managers.
- Sells clay and other studio materials, gift certificates, event tickets and some merchandise.
- Works with Day/Night Manager to recruit, train and manage guest and student services associates.
- Sets policies and procedures for front desk associates in collaboration with the Day/Night Manager and their Director.
- Serves as first point of contact when issues arise with associates during nights and weekends.
- Works with Day/Night Manager to Build and manage the front desk schedule; inputs schedule into iSolved as well as staff-wide shared calendar.
- Serves as a point of contact for teachers when other staff are not available, including printing rosters and checking enrollment.
- Manages the check-in and check-out of studio keys used by teachers and monitors.
- Keeps front desk clean and free of clutter. Empties front desk trash as needed.
- Maintains catalog stands, brochure holders and bulletin boards. Restocks catalogs. Removes and recycles outdated posters, flyers and rack cards.
- Completes incident reports, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job mastery and continuous improvement
- Service Orientation
All guest and student services associates.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. The ability to walk, drive, lift boxes and stand for long periods of time is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position with the expectation to regularly work forty hours including one weekend shift per week.
Required Education and Experience
- 1-3 years’ work experience
- A background and/or interest in the arts
- Previous experience in a customer-service role
- Experience working with a course registration system or other database systems
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working for an arts organization or other educational institution
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO / AA Statement
Visual Arts of Richmond provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Visual Arts of Richmond complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Guest and Student Services Day and Night Manager positions are both Manager Level 1 with a salary range of $40-$55,000. As a full-time staff member, this position is eligible for VisArts’ benefits including: health, dental, and life insurance; a generous leave policy including Creative Practice Leave and 2 paid weeks off in addition to PTO; free tuition for 4 VisArts classes per year; and a 403b retirement fund with a 3% employee matching program.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as well as three professional references through the online form. For best consideration, completed applications are due by January 8, 2023. The application process is ongoing and will continue until the position is filled.