Apply to be a Studio Monitor
We look for studio monitors with demonstrated skills in a specific medium who would be comfortable monitoring the studio and safely operating equipment and tools in that studio. We look for applicants who will benefit from having access to our spaces and are interested in furthering their creative practice.
Studio monitors help us maintain our open studio program. They:
- Unlock and lock studios, studio storage and special equipment
- Help orient people to the studio
- Monitor the use of equipment
- Reinforce safety procedures and best practices
- Help keep studios clean, ensuring it’s returned to “studio neutral” after use
- Help VisArts’ staff as needed
Studio monitors volunteer in the studio of their choice for at least three hours per week, and in exchange they earn:
- Free open studio access during the session in which they volunteer
- Use of the digital lab space, including access to the full Adobe Creative Cloud
We ask that studio monitors commit to volunteering for at least one 3-hour shift a week during our sessions, usually 10-12 weeks long. Weekly hours will remain the same throughout the session but may fluctuate session by session.
Questions about our studio monitor program? Reach out to [email protected]