Apply to be a Studio Monitor
We look for studio monitors with demonstrated skills in a specific medium who would be comfortable monitoring the studio and safely operating equipment/tools in that studio. We look for applicants who will benefit from having access to our spaces and are interested in furthering their creative practice.
Studio monitors help us maintain our open studio program. They:
- Unlock and lock studios, studio storage and special equipment
- Check people in and out of the studio
- Help orient people to the studio
- Monitor the use of equipment
- Reinforce safety procedures and best practices
- Clean the studio, ensuring it’s returned to “studio neutral” after use
- Help VisArts’ studio coordinators, as needed
Studio monitors volunteer in the studio of their choice for at least five hours per week, and in exchange they earn:
- One free class per session (for use during the session in which they volunteer or the session immediately following it)
- Free open studio access during the session in which they volunteer
We ask that studio monitors commit to volunteering for at least one complete, 11-week session. Weekly hours will remain the same throughout the session but may fluctuate session by session.
Questions about our studio monitor program? Contact the corresponding studio coordinator. Tyler Stoll (Wood, Metals, Fiber, Printmaking, Glass) at [email protected] Sophie Treppendahl (Drawing, Painting, Photography, Digital Lab, Letterpress, Creative Writing) at [email protected]