Powder Coating 101
Explore powder coating, a fun, cheap and durable way to add color to your metal jewelry. You’ll learn basic methods of application as well as design and assembly considerations when working with powder coated pieces. We will also discuss equipment needed and logistics for use in a home studio.
- Previous metalsmithing experience is helpful, but not necessary.
- All other materials provided.
- A lunch break will be provided.
- Students are encouraged to bring a bagged lunch.
- Please note that for weekend workshops occurring on both Saturday and Sunday: Saturday classes run from 10 AM - 4 PM, Sunday classes run from 1 - 4 PM.
About the Instructor
Tyler Stoll is an artist and craftsperson living in Richmond, VA. He recently completed the Core Fellowship, a two-year emerging artist fellowship at Penland School of Crafts. Tyler graduated from Oberlin College in 2011 with degrees in music and environmental studies. Since then, he has pieced together his own craft education from classes and assistantships at community studios and craft schools.See More Classes By Instructor Instructor Website