ONSITE: Introduction to the Wheel (A)
Learn to throw clay on a potter’s wheel. We’ll cover the foundations of wheel work, including wedging and centering clay and forming cylinders, cups and bowls. Basic glazing information will help you finish your final forms.
- All materials and equipment provided.
- This class does not meet on 1/18.
- You will receive 25 pounds of clay; additional clay is available for purchase.
- Classes are confirmed one week prior to the start date. In order to help us confirm classes, please register as early as possible.
- This is an On-site course. On-site courses do not come with studio access outside of class time. Paid open studio access is available through our Studio Access Program: if interested please visit visarts.org. Students must follow social distancing protocols and wear masks at all times. For more info visit visarts.org.
About the Instructor
I have been working in clay since 1995 with an emphasis on functional ware. Clay is such a gratifying material for me. To manipulate a blob of dirt into something both beautiful and useful is why I create pottery. The forms and designs of my pieces are derived from observations in nature as well as careful considerations to the utility for which they are made. Although ever evolving, my aesthetic tendency bends towards simplicity. I hope that my work speaks to you as you hold it and use it and discover little quirks, nicks, finger prints... marks of the maker. I hope it brings you joy in your every-day rituals.
http://www.woodlandheightsstudio.comSee More Classes By Instructor