Family Studio: Origami Heart Messages – NEW!
Origami Heart Messages: Families will learn about the beautiful art of paper folding! Create a collection of paper hearts and write inspiring messages inside them to give to family, friends and community.
- • This is an online class. In order to attend online classes, students must be able to attend the class via Zoom, an online cloud conferencing program. You do not need to download the program to join for classes.
- • You will be sent a link and password to your class the day before class begins. Please DO NOT share the link or password with anyone. Please keep the link somewhere you can easily access it throughout the entirety of your class.
- • All online classes are recorded for quality purposes. If you miss a class, you may request a class recording from [email protected] Class recordings will be made available up to fourteen days after the session concludes.
- • Neither the instructor, students nor VisArts are permitted to monetize online class recordings in any way. Please do not share class recordings on social media or other websites.
- • VisArts will do its best to support all students with problem-solving technology, but is not responsible for a student’s malfunctioning equipment or internet.
- • For technical support, questions or concerns and logging into zoom, please contact: [email protected]
Materials: Paper, Scissors, Drawing Materials.
About the Instructor
Amelia Blair Langford
Amelia Blair Langford is a leading illustrator, graphic designer, and visual arts educator with a focus in drawing, painting and art exploration.
Langford is the creator of the “The Treasure Hunt Project”, a mural and illustration series inspired by local ecosystems, community history, folklore and biological connections. Her technical, mark making is driven through detailed pen and ink work from the smallest tip of her pen to the largest stroke of paint on a scaling wall. Every mark is made with a purpose to unfold a story into the light. Langford has continued to expand this project nationwide; including artist residencies at Grin City Art Collective in Grinnell, Iowa and The Rensing Center in Pickens, South Carolina.
Langford has designed for several clients such as Capital One, New Normal Apparel Company, Perfectly Translated, Musician; Hozier, Lava Labs, Wapsipinicon Almanac, Biologist: Sean Sutor, Rockin Baby Slings, Germany’s Bake My Day, Glasgow, Scotland’s Mayor Stubbs, and more. In addition, she is the world map illustrator behind author’s Sean Mitchell’s paperback novel, “Might & Majesty: Baptism by Fire” and three published Richmond Young Writers children's books.
She has been in several solo and group exhibitions throughout the nation including: “Natural Wonder II” Clemson City Hall, Clemson, South Carolina; “6x6”, Rochester Contemporary Art Center, Rochester, New York; “Comic Art Anthology”, Suffolk Art Gallery, Suffolk, Virginia; “New & Old”, The Parliament Arts Organization, York, Pennsylvania. Langford’s solo exhibition and clothing line, “The Hunt” was released at New Normal Apparel in 2014 and she was recently an exhibiting mural artist in the Virginia Museum of History and Culture's Fresh Paint 2018-2019 Exhibition.
Langford has been recognized for her professionalism, design work, community art engagement and has received several awards and publications.See More Classes By Instructor