Embroidery (Ages 15–18) – NEW!
Learn how to embroider designs onto clothes, bookbag, shoes, you name it! We’ll study embroidery artists, basic stitches and interesting materials to incorporate as you get creative.
- Student projects are self-directed. Although we will have time to come up with a design in class, consider what designs you would like to embroider before coming in. Many people use photographs, names, or their own drawing (digital or paper) using at least three reference images to create a new image. This can be as simple or complicated as you would like.
- • This is an online class. In order to attend online classes, students must be able to attend the class via Zoom, an online cloud conferencing program. You do not need to download the program to join for classes.
- • You will be sent a link and password to your class one week before the class begins and the day before class begins. Please DO NOT share the link or password with anyone. Please keep the link somewhere you can easily access it throughout the entirety of your class.
- • All online classes are recorded for quality purposes. If you miss a class, you may request a class recording from [email protected] Class recordings will be made available up to fourteen days after the session concludes.
- • Neither the instructor, students nor VisArts are permitted to monetize online class recordings in any way. Please do not share class recordings on social media or other websites.
- • VisArts will do its best to support all students with problem-solving technology, but is not responsible for a student’s malfunctioning equipment or internet.
- • For technical support, questions or concerns and logging into zoom, please contact: [email protected]
Download material list
About the Instructor
Molly McManus earned her BA in Art History & Psychology from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012 and has since worked with individuals with autism spectrum disorder in community and school settings. Molly is passionate about interdisciplinary art and has a love for embroidery, drawing inspiration from the natural world and themes of self-empowerment and advocacy. She is completing her Master’s in Art Education from VCU and in her free time you can find her on a hike, loving on her dog and checking out new Richmond restaurants.
https://mcmanusmv.wixsite.com/mysiteSee More Classes By Instructor