Build Two Music Stands + Keep One – NEW!
Are you an intermediate- or advanced-level woodworker who’d like to put your skills to good use? In this class you’ll build two music stands—one to keep and one to give to Binford Middle School’s music department. You’ll improve your technique as you work with the band saw, table saw, jointer, router, and several hand tools. You may even do some steam bending!
- Prerequisite: a beginner woodworking class or comparable experience.
- Basic materials and equipment are provided.
- Wood and other materials will be available for purchase in class.
- Expect to spend between $40 and $80, depending on your individual project.
- No class on April 26, 2017 AND May 3, 2017.
About the Instructor
A Richmond resident since 1981, Mark has worked in wood for over 35 years, making very “high quality sawdust” and interesting furniture pieces along the way. His work has ranged from the very large, constructing a post and beam barn which houses his wood studio and his wife’s pottery studio, to fine furniture for residential use. In addition, Mark has built custom furniture for several churches in the Greater Richmond Area, including altars, ambos, presiders chairs and other pieces. In the last several years a portion of his work has migrated toward more natural”furniture design, exploring the integration of the wood’s innate form with the functionality of“art furniture.See More Classes By Instructor