Acrylic + Oil Painting – NEW!
This two-hour studio course is designed for painters who are familiar with the fundamentals of color and basic acrylic + oil techniques and who are interested in the development of the subject matter, style and content of their painting. Each session will begin with a short presentation on an artist, technique or exhibition with follow up time used for guidance, feedback and group discussion.
- This course is for students who have already taken introductory courses. The app Zoom and email will be used to communicate and convey the content of this course with the option of working on paper, canvas or panel. Students will receive a weekly email from the instructor which will include reminders and links that relate specifically to the medium and curriculum for the course.
- • This is an online class. In order to attend online classes, students must be able to attend the class via Zoom, an online cloud conferencing program. You do not need to download the program to join for classes.
- • You will be sent a link and password to your class one week before the class begins and the day before class begins. Please DO NOT share the link or password with anyone. Please keep the link somewhere you can easily access it throughout the entirety of your class.
- • All online classes are recorded for quality purposes. If you miss a class, you may request a class recording from [email protected] Class recordings will be made available up to fourteen days after the session concludes.
- • Neither the instructor, students nor VisArts are permitted to monetize online class recordings in any way. Please do not share class recordings on social media or other websites.
- • VisArts will do its best to support all students with problem-solving technology, but is not responsible for a student’s malfunctioning equipment or internet.
- • For technical support, questions or concerns and logging into zoom, please contact: [email protected]
Download materials list
About the Instructor
Amie Oliver's artwork is in corporate and private collections including Try-Me Gallery, Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz, Delta State University, The LCVA, The Hampden-Sydney Poetry Review, Bowling Green State University, Capital One, Media General, VCU, Mississippi State University and the VCCA. Her work has been exhibited across the USA, Europe, China, S. Korea, Tibet and Australia. Fellowship and exchange opportunities at the Virginia Center for Creative Arts and it's exchange partners abroad, the Cite Internationale des Arts in Paris,the Metasenta Foundation and the Vermont Studio Center demonstrate her ability to connect to other people and places as an artist and teacher.
Website: www.amieoliver.infoSee More Classes By Instructor Instructor Website